Android Developer Full-time Job1 year ago - Software / QA / DBA - Los Angeles - 243 views
You will develop world-class Android applications as an integral part of our highly visible brand. You will also push the envelope in using progressive mobile ideas and the latest Android platform features and build elegant and deceptively simple user experiences. Our ideal candidate should have strong communication that allows them to translate complex findings to all stakeholders. This individual should be driven by an inquisitive curiosity to learn and can pick up new knowledge and skills independently. We're looking for motivated individuals to help bring our “What If” philosophy to life.
- Work alongside our Product team to guide new ideas, create prototypes, and build features on the product road-map
- Participate in our rapid-delivery Scrum process including sprint planning, daily stand-ups, demos and retrospectives
- Build a seamless web-mobile experience with the rest of the Engineering team
- Strong understanding of Java or Kotlin, Android SDK, Android Design Interface guidelines, and material design.
- Experience with dependency injection, RxJava and common design patterns.
- A sound understanding of HTTP and RESTful APIs, and best practices for mobile app integration.
- Experience with unit tests, multithreading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices.
- Intimate experience with the Android API, e.g.: activities, fragments, services, content providers.
- Ability to write well designed, testable, efficient code,ensuring the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
- 3+ years of Android application development
- 3+ Android applications published into Play Store with a history of awesome reviews
- Experience integrating external SDKs
- Solid understanding on good UI/UE practices on mobile platforms.
- Painstaking attention to small details – we want someone who is passionate about quality and the best customer experience possible
- Drive to explore new technologies and delight in sharing with fellow team members
- Ability to take high level ideas in the absence of a spec and drive to completion
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field