Application Security Engineer Full-time Job1 month ago - Software / QA / DBA - Vancouver - 82 views
The Xcode team creates tools used by millions of engineers around the world to build software for Apple's iOS, watchOS, tvOS and macOS platforms.Engineers on the Xcode team have the unique and rewarding opportunity to apply their personal experience to enhance and augment the very tools they use every day. This role is specifically responsible for participating in the creation of a “yet-to-be-announced” product.We are looking for an engineer with a security mindset, or a security expert with strong development skills, to both lead our security practice within the product development team and partner with other security teams throughout the organization. Security is a central feature of an upcoming product and this is a key role to ensure product success.
- Fluent user/sysadmin of the Linux operating system
- Fluent in at least two programming languages, such as Python/Django, Go, C/C++, Swift/Java/Kotlin, etc.
- Awareness of the established and emerging security threats for application design
- Experience with common computing platforms, legacy and modern development tools, database management systems, and open-source software
- Experience designing systems and services for high availability
- Experience supporting hosted services in a high-volume, critical environment
- Experience with DevOps tools, processes, and culture
- Knowledge of security frameworks, coding practices, tools, and exploits
- Proven grasp of PKI, SSL/TLS, HTTP, TCP, UDP
- Experience implementing large-scale security solutions and integrations
- Ability to track and lead numerous parallel activities
The Cloud Services team is seeking a creative and highly motivated application security engineer to ensure that the future of developer technologies at Apple is secure at every level of the stack.You’ll join a small but ambitious group of engineers responsible for a “yet-to be announced” product as our embedded Security lead.We are passionate about building industry-leading developer tools. The security of these tools is the underpinning for a large ecosystem of apps, and the security of our systems is central to everything we do. To that end, we want a security lead embedded in the product engineering team who can help drive application security (design, protocols and detection) in particular. The ideal candidate will be keen to write critical security-related services, collaborate with other engineers on security related topics including API and code reviews, as well as coordinate security planning with specialist teams involved in various aspects of security.You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams at Apple including iOS Application teams, framework teams, and other hardware and software teams across Apple's entire product line.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.