Control Systems Designer Full-time Job1 year ago - Architect / Engineering - Langley - 250 views
Our client is seeking an Intermediate Control System Designer to support the design and delivery of safeguarding solutions (Langley, BC). This is an opportunity to join a rapidly growing company focused in the niche specialty of Safeguarding.
Working with a wide variety of industries and examining different machineries, this role will ask you to quickly assess electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems and provide solutions that include, and are not limited to, education & training, to consulting reports, to systems design.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Provide Control design support to Senior Engineers.
- Basic design/specification and detailed design of Control systems including panel layouts, loop drawings and wiring diagrams.
- PLC / Safety PLC programming.
- Assist with site assessment and field information gathering.
- Willing to travel to sites across BC and Western Canada, occasionally United States. Travel is often for 1 week at a time, every 5-6 weeks.
- Mechatronics technologist diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Controls or Electrical Engineering is required.
- Knowledge in pneumatic and hydraulic systems is an asset.
- Working experience with AutoCAD.
- Exercise a high degree of self-discipline and self-motivation; you will frequently work under your own supervision.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience with word processing and spreadsheet programs.