Account Executive Full-time Job2 years ago - Sales / Business Development - Seattle - 249 views
What you'll be doing…
The Account Executive (AE) will be responsible for driving sales of Tableau products within State and Local Government agencies and Higher Education institutions located in the Northwest. The AE will represent Tableau and its product suite within an assigned regional territory. The AE will manage all aspects of the sales process including lead management, qualification, evaluation, close and account care and will play an integral role in the success of the overall sales team. This is a quota-carrying sales position.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include...
- Define and execute territory / account sales plans for assigned geographic territory and then meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities within the Public sector.
- Develop and manage sales pipeline, prospect and assess sales and move a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline.
- Develop and manage partner relationships in State and Local government.
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system (ie, SFDC).
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product support and sales engineering.
- Provide product demonstrations and general support to prospective customers.
- Nurture and expand the company’s relationship with customer accounts of all sizes.
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system.
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products.
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff.
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are…
- Experienced. 8 – 10 years of enterprise software sales experience. Minimum of 5+ years of experience selling into State and Local government agencies with practical experience and a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the local public sector landscape and associated business processes of government social enterprises.
- Performer. Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory.
- Domain. Business Intelligence, Analytics, Data Warehousing, Predictive Modeling or similar background/experience. Complex sales to State and Local agencies – seven figure deal experience.
- Sales Cycle Expert. You have expertise at the Transactional & Enterprise Level. You lead prospects and customers as opposed to reacting to customer requests. You know how to “drive a deal”.
- Excellent Communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- Missionary. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Tableau’s mission. You can go beyond relationship management.
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry.
Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company.