Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google's key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
The Google Marketing Solutions (GMS) Mid-Market Sales team is a critical growth engine for clients in GMS. Through long-term relationship development, we are dedicated to understanding the business goals and dreams of this premier segment and providing the best Google advertising solutions to drive business success. We are responsible for growing advertising business growth by educating, promoting solutions and consulting with clients directly.
When our millions of advertisers and publishers are happy, so are we! Our Google Marketing Solutions (GMS) team of entrepreneurial, enthusiastic and client-focused members are the "human face" of Google, helping entrepreneurs both individually and broadly build their online presence and grow their businesses. We are dedicated to growing the unique needs of advertising companies. Our teams of strategists, analysts, advisers and support specialists collaborate closely to spot and analyze customer needs and trends. Together, we create and implement business plans broadly for all types of businesses.
- Manage a portfolio of GMS businesses by thoroughly understanding growth drivers, identifying opportunity for growth, managing risks and creating multi-quarter plans for achievement.
- Collaborate within the team to align workflow in order to implement plans and ensure accountability to meet or exceed goals while prioritizing and delivering outstanding customer experience to Google's advertisers goals.
- Communicate with customers proactively via phone, email and in person; share and collaborate with Specialists, Engineers and Product team members on new feature development.
- Implement creative ways to improve our customer relationships, tailor and share performance-enhancing suggestions and promote other Google products.
- Identify key client stakeholders and consult with customers proactively on calls and in person to support annual digital marketing discussions and budgets.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of sales/account management experience.
- Experience in consulting/providing strategic advice to help advertisers get the best return on their advertising investment.
- Experience with structuring storylines for presentations that start with insights and then used to develop materials.
- Proven track record in advertising sales, media account management, successful client engagement and consistent business growth.
- Ability to work towards strategic goals.
- Ability to leverage your business acumen to strategically assess and help solve client needs.
- Ability to communicate effectively with various levels of executives and non-executive levels; including senior marketing leaders.