Accountant Full-time Job1 year ago - Accounting / Finance - Kelowna - 344 views
Accountant with a Difference!
Pela is the world's first truly eco-friendly phone case. We don't have customers, we have advocates that help us spread our mission to replace traditional plastics with eco-friendly alternatives.
We are looking for an accountant that is pursuing their CPA designation, and is keen to learn about all parts of the finance function. You want to be part of a team that is creating scalable and sustainable processes to help our company (and your career) grow!
We are a fast growing, ambitious brand that truly wants to leave the world a better place than we found it and we know we can't do it alone. If you are a driven, competitive person that wants to have some impact on the world, keep reading to see if we're a fit!
The Opportunity: The mission of the Accountant role is to support the Director of Finance to achieve the company goals by managing the day to day transactional accounting from input to month end financial statement draft.
This role requires an individual that thrives in an environment of continuous improvement, and problem solving. Teamwork and adaptability will be critical to success. Meeting deadlines and understanding the details within the general ledger brings joy to your heart.
- Collect and input invoices, obtain approval for the organization's purchases from appropriate stakeholders, and prepare weekly payments
- Manage Expensify reporting and collection process, focusing on obtaining appropriate source documentation and proper record of ITC's.
- Work collaboratively with the HR team to ensure on-boarding, ongoing benefit and payroll administration, and proper off-boarding of the organization's team members.
- Proactively manage the day to day and month end financial entries to enable quick turnaround of scheduled and ad hoc financial reporting.
- Meet reporting and submission deadlines for all levels of mandatory government taxes, licenses and fees.
- Prepare the applications to and reporting on a variety of tax credit, grant, and incentive programs.
- Maintain and improve upon the organization and tracking of company contracts and agreements with employees, contractors, licensors, retailers and manufacturers.
Qualifications (What might describe you)
- 3+ years experience in an accounting role
- Skilled in working collaboratively with a variety of roles outside the accounting area
- Ability to foresee the impact of one's actions across an organization
- Ability to track and execute on a variety of ongoing reporting and task deadlines
- Experience with preparing monthly financial reports such as Balance Sheet and P&L
- Experience with variance analysis against forecasted / budgeted performance
- Experience with general ledger account reconciliations
- Experience in preparing and submitting GST, PST, and Worksafe returns
- Experience preparing payroll on 3rd party software such as ADP, Ceridian, or RISE