Director technology service desk Full-time Job2 years ago - Technical Support - Seattle - 203 views
Job Summary and Mission
This position contributes to Starbucks success by leading and monitoring the daily functions and work flow within the Technology Service Desk (TSD). The TSD provides 24x7 support for the technology experience for North American Starbucks owned and operated stores, roasting/manufacturing and distribution centers as well as geo-distributed Starbucks partners (employees). As the Director of the Technology Service Desk, you will be responsible for providing leadership, direction and supervision for Service Desk analysts in a continuous support environment. This includes the responsibility of managing all procedures related to identification, prioritization and resolution of incidents, including the monitoring, tracking and coordination of Service Desk functions. The Service Desk Director is also responsible for planning, designing, and analyzing the organization according to best practices, while ensuring high levels of customer service quality and availability. This individual will develop, implement, and oversee policies and procedures to ensure consistent service levels and quick resolutions along with being responsible for staffing capacity planning, service process design, performance analysis, and developing proactive resolution plans with key stakeholders. This position reports to the VP of Technology Operations and will be part of a leadership team whose mission is to elevate technology and overcome challenges, serving and empowering our partners (employees) to do their best work - crafting exceptional experiences for Starbucks customers everywhere.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Service Strategy & Planning
- Implement Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to establish problem resolution expectations and timeframes in coordination with representatives from each functional department.
- Implement policies and procedures that outline how problems are identified, documented, assigned and corrected in coordination with representatives from each functional department.
- Analyze performance of Service Desk activities and documented resolutions, identify problem areas, and devise and deliver solutions to enhance quality of service and to prevent future problems.
- Plan and conduct performance appraisals of Service Desk and Desktop staff, provide proper recognition for achievement, and administer disciplinary action when necessary.
Participate in service design sessions to ensure that new services and major changes to services are communicated well and that all the necessary support functions are considered in the design to ensure the services can be properly operated within the agreed SLA metrics.
Service Transition & Deployment
• Communicate with stakeholders and vendors regarding new system installation and resolve adaptation issues.
• Ensure appropriate training initiatives for new and existing staff.
• Install, deploy, and configure service desk tools like Remedy, ServiceNow.
Service Operations and Technical Management
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Service Desk via telephone, web portal, and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Develop and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Oversee development and communication of help sheets, usage guides and FAQs for service desk agents and end users.
- Attend training seminars, conferences and trade shows to broaden knowledge of current and future Service Desk opportunities and technologies.
- Train, coach and mentor Service Desk Supervisors and Analysts
- Manage the overall Service Desk activities and staff.
- Contribute to escalated problem resolution by giving in-person, hands-on support to end users when necessary.
- Attend Change Advisor Board (CAB) meetings.
- Monitor incident trends and anticipate potential problems for proactive resolution. Drive resolution of trends into technology teams to reduce call volume.
Continuous Service Improvement
Continually monitor and evaluate customer service processes and make the necessary changes to improve customer service quality and timeliness.
- Provide first level support to “Return to Service” and “Service Requests” in accordance to performance SLAs.
- Provide assistance with Incident Management, Change Management, and Problem Management to improve all technology services in accordance to performance SLAs.
Manage less than 10 direct supervisors and a team of 80+ service desk analysts
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university; or six to eight years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 10 years’ service/help desk or customer support environment supporting various hardware, software and personal computer tools
- 8 years’ demonstrated ability building and leading high performing and diverse technical support teams
- 8 years’ continuous improvement mindset resolving complex problems and improving business results
- 8 years’ demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, cross functional team environment
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to model exemplary customer service techniques
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Ability to apply sound business principles and practices to project management and workforce management practices
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability to deliver tangible business results
- Ability to advise and influence key leadership regarding IT Service Management Practices
- Knowledge of information technology, process development methodologies and practices
- Prefer experience leading projects and teams that are geo-located
- Prefer experience leading technical customer support teams in the retail industry