Hardware Development Engineer Full-time Job1 year ago - Architect / Engineering - Round Rock - 304 views
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities. We can’t wait for you to discover this for yourself as a Hardware Development Engineer in our Server Communications & Accelerators Engineering team in Round Rock, Texas.
In this role, you will be a key contributor to the integration of industry-leading networking products into Dell EMC servers. You will be responsible to develop and qualify Ethernet, Fibre Channel and InfiniBand network adapters (on-motherboard and add-in cards) in these systems, working closely with technology partners and other Dell EMC engineers to advance our server networking leadership. Our unique position as a key technology provider ensures that you’ll always be challenged in your work and have the opportunity to make contributions that further Dell's growth as an Enterprise solutions provider. Be part of the team that delivers 10, 25, 40, 50 and 100Gbps Ethernet, 32G Fibre Channel and 100Gbps+ high-performance fabrics to data centers, clusters and the cloud.
- Communicate hardware requirements to technology partners and work closely with those partners to develop, test and debug these devices during integration of the devices into Dell EMC servers
- Participate as a member of a cross-functional engineering team to deliver complete products into the Dell EMC server business
- Assist in the development of validation and debug tools to expedite the verification and troubleshooting of issues with interfaces such as Ethernet 802.3, Fibre Channel, InfiniBand, PCI Express and NC-SI.
- Assist in the development of engineering test plans for the bring-up and unit test phases of the network device and server development process
- Participate in the debug of issues reported from internal validation teams and from sightings from the field to determine root cause and identify resolutions together with technology partners and internal teams
- Undergraduate degree and 2+ years of relevant experience or Graduate degree and 0+ years of relevant experience
- Strong communication and prioritization skills
- Experience in solving problems and performing/guiding root cause analysis
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) specifications, plans, status, and issue details
- Ability to read, understand and apply technical data sheets, block diagrams, schematics, layouts, specifications and standards
- Experience with standard CAD tools for schematic and board design
- At least two of the Desirable Requirements listed below
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Work experience with networking and communications technologies such as Ethernet, Fibre Channel, InfiniBand, DMTF Network Controller Side Band Interface (NC-SI) including proficiency with relevant debug tools and analyzers.
- Working knowledge of Windows, Linux and Virtualized operating systems
- Experience with Embedded Systems development
- Experience with Server and/or Client computer systems development
- Experience with hardware development and qualification utilizing third-party technical partners/vendors/ODMs
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you would thrive in a combined hardware and software design function, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.