Job Title Sr. Financial Reporting Analyst Full-time Job1 year ago - Accounting / Finance - Toronto - 357 views
What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will be responsible for the planning and production of financial statements, related reports and coordination of audits for our fund accounting clients.
What will you do?
- Prepare annual and semi-annual financial statement packages for investment funds assigned (including Statement of Financial Position, Statement of Comprehensive Income, Statement of Changes in Net Assets, Statement of Cash Flow, Schedule of Investments, Note Disclosures, financial highlights and ratios)
- Work with external auditors and client to deliver the audited financial statements and manage the financial statement drafts on agreed upon deadline
- Participate in year-end planning meetings with client, auditors and internal teams
- Work with internal departments to provide audit reports & responses to audit queries on agreed upon timelines
- Participate and provide recommendations towards the improvement of service delivery by recommending and developing changes to Financial Statement processes
- Keep abreast of changes to IFRS and National Instruments 81-106 in regards to Financial Reporting for investment funds
What do you need to succeed?
- Successful completion of a business or related degree
- Completed or near completion of CPA designation
- 2+ years of fund accounting experience in the investment fund industry or financial reporting experience in the financial services industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Industry related courses (CSC, or CFA)
- Auditing background
- Advanced Excel skills
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Excellent exposure to communicate with various business partners and stakeholders in Investor & Treasury Services and within other platforms as appropriate
- Opportunity to obtain hands-on experience throughout your role
- Working with an exciting, close-knit, supportive & dynamic group
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation