SENIOR INSURANCE ADVISOR OR INSURANCE ADVISOR Full-time Job1 year ago - Sales / Business Development - North Vancouver - 363 views
What is the job?
BCAA's North Vancouver Service Location has an opening for an Senior Insurance Advisor or Insurance Advisor. As one of BCAA's Member-facing team members, the Senior Insurance Advisor is a driven insurance professional dedicated to delivering amazing Member experiences and continuous revenue growth through the consultative selling of BCAA's products and services, with a focus on homeowners' and travel insurance.
The Insurance Advisor/ SIA is a source of positive brand impressions and builds long-lasting relationships with all of our Members by reviewing coverages and making recommendations and through cross-selling other BCAA products and services. The Senior Insurance Advisor collaborates with a team who is passionate about igniting unparalleled Member loyalty that enables BCAA to be the most trusted organization in British Columbia.
While BCAA's preference and first consideration will be given to Senior Insurance Advisor qualified candidates, BCAA welcomes applications from Insurance Advisor candidates that meet the minimum qualifications (including sales of home insurance including at least 6 months of general insurance experience) and have an interest in progressing their career to the Senior Insurance Advisor role.
What is the status?
What are the hours?
35 hour work week
What BCAA offers you:
It's not in our nature to brag but we are proud of some of our achievements that recognize great employee culture. Some of our latest awards include being one of AON Top 50 Employers in Canada - 2018 and Top 50 Employers for Young People - 2015.
•Great compensation packages, including bonus
•We enthusiastically support learning and advancement opportunities for our team members offering, Automotive Apprenticeship and Leadership Development programs.
•We have an amazing Total Rewards Program which offers: Extended Health and Dental, Vision Care, Life Insurance, RRSP matching with company contribution to your pension, access to Incentive Programs, Team Profit Sharing, Employee & Family Assistance Program and more.
•Our team members get to make a difference in the lives of our Members and their communities every day.
•We pride ourselves in being open and transparent and in empowering our people to do great work while serving our Members.
•We are an equal opportunity employer that's committed to accessible, inclusive employment.
Key Responsibilities Include
What you will be doing?
Sells and upgrades BCAA products and services to new and renewing Members
- Through consultative in-person or over the phone sales, acquires new home and travel insurance sales; where required, acquires new BCAA Membership and additional products and services
- Renews home and travel insurance policies by reviewing current coverages and making recommendations; where required, renews BCAA Memberships and additional products and services
- Reviews product terms and conditions including, but not limited to, coverages, limits and exclusions to limit errors and omissions
- Deepens Member relationships through cross-selling other BCAA products and services
- Creates and follows up on future business leads and upcoming renewals
- Collaborates with BCAA and other supplier's Underwriters
- Meets all prescribed sales, business-building and retention targets, and BCAA and AAA/CAA Member experience goals, best practices, standards and Underwriting guidelines
Manages Member/customer accounts and concerns
- Updates Member information and insurance policy details in applicable systems
- Processes home and travel insurance endorsements and cancellations; where required, process endorsements and cancellations for BCAA Memberships and additional products and services
- Where required, issues new and renewal Membership transactions and Member entitlement products such as passport photos, international driving permits, Member maps, tour books and camp guides
- Resolves Member concerns by following BCAA's Member resolution standards and meeting BCAA and AAA/CAA Member satisfaction goals
Processes and manages Member/customer documents
- Processes payments and follow up on outstanding payments
- Issues new and renewal home and travel insurance policies, cancellations and endorsements; where required, issue new, renewal, endorsements and cancellations for BCAA Memberships and additional products and services
- Meets all required processing standards for storage, retrieval, confidentiality, accuracy and timeliness
Acquires and maintains industry, product and systems knowledge
- Maintains a working knowledge of all BCAA Membership and insurance manuals, best practices, standards, policies and systems
- Attends required BCAA and industry training courses
- Keeps up-to-date with industry knowledge and competitor's product offerings
- Maintains annual insurance licensing requirements
Other duties, as assigned
What youbring to the role:
- Completion of Grade 12
- 2 current and consecutive years of general insurance experience, with 1 year experience in selling homeowners' insurance
- Level 2 insurance license ( you must be willing to obtain your Level II Insurance License within (18) eighteen months of employment)
- Demonstrated sales productivity and selling skills, with proven ability to balance customer needs, disciplined risk management and revenue growth
- Completion of Autoplan Essentials
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills and proven ability to prioritize activities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced team environment and maintain a high level of professionalism
- Proven judgment and decision-making abilities. Must be able to consider costs and benefits of potential products in order to make appropriate recommendations.
- Proven critical thinking abilities. Must be able to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to meet prescribed sales, business-building, retention and customer satisfaction targets and objectives
- Strong computer skills with basic knowledge of MS Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- CAIB certification
- Completion of BCAA insurance-related training
- Knowledge of applicable BCAA and ICBC systems
- Limited history of Errors & Omissions and in good standing with the Insurance Council of BC
- Ability to speak alternate languages that would support particular market demographics
- Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.