Full Stack Engineer Full-time Job2 months ago - Architect / Engineering - New York City - 52 views
As a Full Stack Engineer in our NYC Headquarters, you will help build innovative features while maintaining our industry-leading video intelligence suite. The ideal candidate is a systems-minded person who can create simple solutions to complex problems while flourishing fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Our Engineers enjoy the freedom and autonomy to work on projects they find interesting, and are encouraged to bring their own ideas to the table.
It is JW Player's mission to provide the type of video experience that helps our customers grow audiences and monetize their content, and we’re looking for passionate and motivated engineers to help us do it!
In this role you will:
- Own all aspects of the software development life cycle: planning, architecture, design, implementation, deployment and support
- Work in an agile development environment
- Develop new features from our Product Backlog
- Prototype new ideas and explore new solutions to challenges and be responsible for implementing them
- Monitor and maintain the products and systems that many of the largest publishers in the world depend on every day
- Experience with web services and the interest to dive into Python
- Basic relational database skills (PostgreSQL a plus)
- Functional paradigms and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Self-starting disposition and a penchant for getting things done
- BS in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience working with containerized services
- Familiarity with or experience building API based dashboards
- Experience with continuous delivery, test automation
- ES6/ES7, Node.js, Typescript
- Streaming video concepts
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
- Cloud Infrastructure (AWS, GCP, Docker)
Our mission is to provide the type of video experience that helps our customers grow their audiences and monetize their content, and we’re looking for passionate and motivated engineers like you to help us do it!