HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR - SAKS FIFTH AVENUE Full-time Job8 months ago - Human Resource - San Francisco - 115 views
What This Position Is All About:
The Store HR Director is a partner to the Regional HR Director in executing the people strategy to support the selling organization and the implementation of key company initiatives. In partnership with the RHRD, the HRD develops people strategies for their store to include components for coaching, career development, internal movement, retention strategies, talent acquisition strategies and succession planning for exempt associates. Through execution of HR strategy, the HRD will support the store in increasing sales and improving service.
Who You Are:
You are an experienced leader, who has no hesitation delegating and directing team members as needed, and driving timely execution of discussed strategies and initiatives
Part of your leadership-repertoire is to empower your team members and encourage creative solutions
You have strong relationship building skills, and are able to communicate effectively with senior management across numerous departments
Your strong business acumen, coupled with your effective communication skills, help you quickly build credibility and buy-in
As the Store HR Director, You Will:
Drive Talent Development
- In partnership with the RHRD, conducts talent assessments for associate population to identify high potentials and to align top talent with focus businesses.
- Leverages L&D resources to provide appropriate training to close identified skill gaps.
- Serves as coach to the Management team to enhance the effectiveness of their leadership style and increase engagement of their teams.
- Ensures the consistent use of the Performance Management Process to drive accountability and elevate executive talent within the region.
- Oversees the recruitment of top sellers and the development of internal Million Dollar Books in order to achieve year-over-year growth of Million Dollar Books within each store.
- In collaboration with the Centralized Recruiting team, as appropriate, ensures jobs are filled in order to drive business.
- Actively participates in the interview process for all store positions.
- Leads the mindset that “recruitment is everyone’s responsibility” within the store in order to reduce open jobs and time-to-fill.
Drive HR Operational Excellence
- Acts as a ‘change agent’ for the store to effectively support cultural transitions in support of strategic initiatives.
- Ensures effective rollout and implementation of corporate HR initiatives.
- Partners with RHRD to resolve escalated employee relations issues and conducts follow up where needed.
- Effectively utilizes internal experts in benefits, compensation, etc to ensure location is compliant with company-wide HR policies and procedures.
- Leverages Centers of Excellence on an as needed basis.
Your Life and Career at HBC:
Be part of a world-class team; work with an adventurous spirit; think and act like an owner-operator
Exposure to rewarding career advancement opportunities, from retail to supply chain, to digital or corporate
A culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance
Benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental)
An amazing employee discount
- 4 year degree preferred.
- 5-7 years of related HR experience is required in retailing or other fast paced service and selling environments, in positions of increasing responsibility and volume.
- Strong understanding of employment law.
- Strong experience with executive coaching and development.
- People management experience.
- Training Experience is a plus.