Glacier Media Inc. (TSX: GVC) is an information communications company focused on the provision of primary and essential information and related services. Headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Glacier has over 1,500 employees with operations in Canada and the United States.
Reporting to the Director of Financial Reporting, the Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting with the multi-company, multi-currency consolidation and meeting the external financial reporting deadlines. This is a permanent full-time position, offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
Our team is seeking a CPA who wants to make the jump into a hands-on role in industry. A professional, detail-oriented individual is required who has excellent organization, communication, and interpersonal skills. This individual must be comfortable in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment as well as willing to be a team player in conducting all aspects of the job.
- Assist with preparing the quarterly consolidation in accordance with IFRS
- Assist with the preparation of financial statement note disclosures
- Preparing supporting working papers
- Liaising with internal and external auditors
- Compiling monthly internal reporting
- Compiling and maintaining subsidiary statutory accounts
- Collaborating in the budgeting and forecasting process
- Assisting with other ongoing requirements including: transactions, due diligence, and accounting policy development and implementation
- Other ad-hoc duties as required
- CPA Designation
- Recently designated CPA (1-2 years post designation)
- Experience either in industry or public practice (preferably with larger firm)
- Experience with complex consolidations (multi-currency experience a bonus)
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong analytical abilities
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Comfortable communicating with executive management
- Quick learner and strong ability to problem solve and work independently
- Great team player - positive attitude, flexible and easy to get along with
Thank you for your interest in this position and for your submission. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be notified.