Learning And Development Specialist Full-time Job1 year ago - Education / Teaching - Vancouver - 180 views
Are you a tech savvy educator? Do you strive to produce positive learning experiences and outcomes for staff? Do you thrive in a changing environment? Are you innovative, customer-focused, organized, and do you love to build strong relationships?
If you answered YES, CRNBC has an exciting role as a Learning & Development Specialist within our Human Resources Team.
The Learning and Development Specialist is a new role in our organization. Our organization relies heavily on technology to accomplish our work, and this means we are always improving and changing. Your role will work with staff across the organization to develop effective learning and training solutions.
This role is critical to ensuring staff adapt to current and future technologies and workplace requirements to ensure effective and efficient work outcomes are achieved.
Currently located at 2855 Arbutus Street in Kitsilano, CRNBC is anticipated to move to downtown Vancouver in September 2018 as we become a single nursing regulator with CLPNBC and CRPNBC.
Would you like to be a part of this exciting journey with us? Then please read on!
Who we are
Located in Vancouver, CRNBC is the regulatory body for close to 40,000 registered nurses, nurse practitioners and licensed graduate nurses in British Columbia. Our purpose is to protect the public by effectively regulating registered nurses and nurse practitioners. We set standards, support registered nurses to meet standards, and act if standards are not met.
At CRNBC, we believe in integrity, excellence and accountability. As a member of the team you can expect to be treated in a respectful and professional manner. While you’ll be managing a busy workload, the College supports staff in achieving a healthy work-life balance.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Chief Officer, Communications and Human Resources, the Learning & Development Specialist (LDS) acts as an educator, facilitator and coach in providing education, training and resources to staff of the College.
The Learning and Development Specialist provides timely and relevant organizational and systems education and training to staff. This includes organizational orientation, technology training, and operational policy education to ensure staff are equipped to access and apply organizational tools, systems, and technologies in order to fulfill the mandate of the organization.
- Developing an orientation and training strategy for the organization: analyzing business and user training needs; developing relevant and timely learning and development plans to support staff in understanding and applying the College’s strategy and mandate, online systems, and organizational policies.
- Developing and delivering an organizational orientation to College strategy, legislation, and bylaws, and to College team functions, to new and existing staff.
- Liaising with Information Technology (IT) and Information Management (IM) staff, assessing and developing systems training to support staff in accessing current systems, and in adapting to new technologies as they are introduced. Supports all Colleges within the Consortium to adapt to systems.
- Developing organizationally focused policy training.
- Liaising with Managers, Team Leads and Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) from each department to assess learning requirements of current and new staff, and Consortium members.
- Evaluating training, updating training materials to reflect changes, and revising as needed to ensure outcomes achieve organizational goals. Assessing training deliverables to ensure outcomes meet a range of learning styles, and can be developed in a range of formats.
- Working with the IM team to develop standards and practices for creating and maintaining documentation to support training and development efforts, and to ensure up to date understanding and retention of corporate knowledge. Ensuring relevant and timely training, and easy access to both systems and organizational knowledge.
- Developing and maintaining a variety of training and learning tools and resources online, and acts as a key resource for this training.
- Assisting with the planning and implementation of organization wide initiatives such as new software applications and tools, or new organization wide policies.
- Providing coaching support and learning resources to managers to help them develop learning and development plans to support their staff’s development.
Your skills and abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in adult education, human resources, or communications.
- Minimum three to five years of current and relevant educational work experience as a corporate trainer or learning specialist, preferably in a technical industry or environment.
- Knowledge of adult learning principles, and strategies for meeting range of learning needs.
- Demonstrated experience in instructional design: assessing training needs, developing training materials to fulfill those needs, and delivering training in a range of formats is required.
- Ability to deliver training and learning outcomes in person or through online delivery; demonstrated ability to create high quality and engaging presentations using a variety of technologies (e.g. Microsoft PowerPoint, video, interactive graphics, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; excellent communication skills, whether written or verbal, and ability to communicate effectively at all levels of organization.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple needs simultaneously.
- Advanced skills in Power Point, Word, Adobe PDF and SharePoint; and demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to online systems and tools.
- Ability to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and other stakeholders.
Compensation and benefits
As the successful candidate, you will enjoy a generous compensation and benefits package.