Manager, Software Engineer Full-time Job4 months ago - Software / QA / DBA - Menlo Park - 174 views
The Facebook AI System Co-Design group's mission is high-performance software optimizations of ML on current systems, as well as hardware/software co-design of next generation ML hardware. Our team operates as advanced path-finding group that collaborates with many other AI teams at Facebook, develops short- and longer-term technologies, and helps shipping them into production. We sponsor university research and publish our work in first tier conferences.
We are looking for a Manager who will support team's various projects to foster team's main co-design mission. Experience in high-performance computing, computer architecture and ML (or at least two of these areas) is highly desirable. Technical experience in HW/SW co-design for at least one application domain is required. You have also kept your coding skills sharp and bring an unwavering passion for managing the dynamics of a fast-paced environment.
- Be a technical manager with deep experience in computer architecture and machine learning
- Hold your own in technical discussions, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence
- Work with ICs in the team to help define and drive regular development of an aggressive technical roadmap to meet the needs of the team, and partner teams
- Operate in a rapidly evolving environment, adapting quickly to new challenges and re-prioritizing as needed
- Be an effective people manager
- Manage engineers and help them develop their careers, assigning them to projects tailored to their skill levels, long-term skill development, personalities, and work styles
- Assess employee performance frequently, address under-performance, and recognize and promote excellent performance
- Cross-functional Collaboration
- Partner very closely with many SW and HW team at Facebook
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive engineering efforts
- Work closely with dedicated recruiting staff to expand the team, including sourcing candidates, interviewing candidates, participating in conferences/events, and onboarding new employees
- 5+ years experience managing an HPC, architecture or SW/HW co-design team
- Knowledge of computer architecture, ML and HPC fundamentals
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management and managing engineers
- Communications experience
Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways.
Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we're just getting started.