Operator / Editor Full-time Job1 year ago - Writing / Editing - Vancouver - 259 views
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.ENG Camera Operator / Editor use portable cameras to televise and record news events, sports events and reports at remote locations. They are responsible for producing the visual content of news items and achieving the desired visual content for program productions. ENG Camera Operator / Editor will record and edit productions in online and offline environments. The ENG Camera Operator / Editor position will be based in Vancouver and will report to the Operations Manager.What You’ll Be Doing
- Basic editing of footage for news segments on Quantel and Premier Pro editing systems.
- Digitizing footage; paying close attention to naming conventions.
- Operating ENG camera as well as remote truck for live segments.
- Provide production support to various initiatives and special programs.
- Remain conversant with all departmental production equipment.
- Ensure that programs and segments meet company and industry standards for content and quality.
- Work with Production Engineering on equipment faults and failures.
- Editing and posting of media to Social Media and other online content.
- Occasional writing and producing duties if required.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Have
- Minimum two years’ experience in television production.
- In-depth knowledge of editing, shooting and technical facilities.
- Experience with ENG/EFP and Studio production including editing both linear and non-linear, camera work.
- Experience with Quantel editing systems, Premier Pro, and the Adobe line of products is preferred.
- Must be highly motivated, show initiative and creativity.
- Self-starter; well organized and detail oriented; Ability to prioritize effectively.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Take direction and handle stressful situations well.
- Able to meet tight deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- The successful candidate will hold a valid BC driver’s license.