Python/REST Programmer Full-time Job1 year ago - Software / QA / DBA - New York City - 211 views
A global investment bank is seeking a Python/REST Programmer to join their team in New York. This candidate will build and maintain a bot framework and use it to develop bots. You will also be held accountable for end-end development lifecycle of the bots applications and help to promote the framework.
- Building bot applications using Python
- Leveraging REST services and other third party APIs
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core product software and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Contribute to all phases of the development lifecycle
- Ensure that the developing codebase conforms to best practices with regard to coding standards, validation (both on front-end and server-side), placement and flow of business logic, etc.
- Strong working knowledge of relational databases and SQL.
- Experience creating and consuming custom SOAP and REST APIs
- Experience writing unit tests / detailing testing procedures for your work
- Version Control experience using Git
- Experience to build enterprise-management tools and messaging applications on top of the Symphony platform
- Experience with chat bots developments
- Experience with advanced design patterns
- Prior experience as a front-end, back-end, or full-stack web developer
Since emerging as a leading supplier of technical engineers to the financial services sector on Wall Street in 1990, we have grown in size and revenue to become one of the largest privately owned staffing firms in the U.S. Through hard work and ingenuity we have been able to take our passion for technology and turn it into a thriving business.