Senior Accountant Full-time Job1 week ago - Accounting / Finance - Scottsdale - 32 views
As a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for all things Registry related.
This role is critical to the success of the company as we capture and account for our primary Business Unit.
You'll have exposure to all lines of the GoDaddy business and be a key player as we continue to scale upward.
Must possess a keen understanding of business, accounting fundamentals and proactive nature.
Be responsible for accurate and timely completion of monthly statements and reports related to the registry accounting department. Plan, coordinate and work with employee in various levels and functions of the company, maintain data integrity in financial systems, maintain strong internal controls and engage in continuous process improvements and automation.
- Responsible for the preparation of general ledger entries and the proper presentation on the financial statements of prepaid, receivable and payable balances and cost of sales related to Registry Accounting
- Responsible for preparation of assigned reconciliations for month-end to close the books in a timely manner
- Analyze data, statements and invoices from registry partners to find, report on and reconcile variances
- Maintains and improves SOX compliance for accounting functions
- Participates in SOX documentation and testing
- Identifies and proactively provides solutions for automation and process improvement while ensuring daily responsibilities are completed with detail, accuracy, and timeliness
- Education/Certifications Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting
- CPA designation or candidate preferred
- 4+ years of accounting experience in a corporate environment
- Mentoring/Supervisory skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of all accounting functions and related internal controls, including accounts receivable and accounts payable;
- Experience in the industry preferred
- Strong understanding of accounting theory
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and related experience with accounting research and application;
- Auditing skills, with the ability to research and reconcile difficult accounts;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work;
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines;
- Proactive and independent;
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results;
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish assigned tasks;
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment