Senior C++ Developer Full-time Job11 months ago - Software / QA / DBA - Toronto - 166 views
Our client, a worldwide media firm is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer who will specialize in Charts Computational Services. This client utilizes Charts product that spans from visualizing data on the screen to real-time data alerting to historical trend analysis and much more. Charts & Maps group provides an immensely popular platform for visual and quantitative analysis of data sets through a host of Applications, widgets and mission critical services. The services cater to a broad spectrum of terminal and enterprise users with more than 60+ million daily hits and we're looking for new members to work on some of our most exciting and challenging assignments.
You will join the Data and Computational Services team in Charts group, this team is responsible for development, enhancements and maintenance of a variety of back-end services that provide, compute and aggregate financial data. You will assist with fetching time-series and signal data from from different sources, calculation of market indicators, manipulation of data using custom mathematical and statistical formulas, real-time data monitoring and transformation. In this position you will be contributing to a powerful framework of back-end services that can retrieve data, monitor and alert. You will get the opportunity to participate in a full cycle of software development from design to production roll-out.
- Key contributor to the real-time data monitoring and transformation system
- Innovate solutions for complex technical problems
- Leverage your technical expertise to architect and implement critical services
- Work collaboratively within the team and across functions to deliver products that broaden and improve our offering to customers
- Mentor others and contribute to the growth of the team
- 5+ years programming in C++
- Extensive experience in full stack object oriented software development in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with distributed systems
- Experience with high load multi-threaded services
- Strong understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working in an agile environment is a plus
- Experience with micro service architecture, cloud computing, Virtual Machines are nice to have
Since emerging as a leading supplier of technical engineers to the financial services sector on Wall Street in 1990, we have grown in size and revenue to become one of the largest privately owned staffing firms in the U.S. Through hard work and ingenuity we have been able to take our passion for technology and turn it into a thriving business.