Senior Data Analyst I - TELUS Health Full-time Job1 year ago - Software / QA / DBA - Kelowna - 446 views
In this role, as a key member of our TELUS Health team, you will be joining a growing team of analysts who are working to transform & convert health data for Canadian doctors to a TELUS Electronic Medical Record (EMR). This is an exciting opportunity to leverage your experience and skillset within an innovative and collaborative environment. Your work will be crucial to the success of the EMR platform within TELUS Health.
Do you thrive in a fast-paced, team centric environment?
Are a detailed-oriented individual who loves working on solving problems by leveraging creative solutions?
If you want to be in a space where your knowledge and experience are used to make collaborative decisions to improve the health outcomes for Canadians, then read on as this is the job for you!
What YOU Get To Do:
As part of the team, you’ll be responsible for:
- Extracting, manipulating, loading data from/into a variety of systems
- Meeting with clients to conduct requirements gathering, change management and data validation over teleconference and email
- Map and transform data using various techniques (XSLT, SSIS, MapForce, etc.) based on client input and requirements
- Perform ad-hoc queries (SQL, LINQ, etc.) and reports to analyse client data before and after migration
- Load data into target systems and perform validation to ensure no data is lost or corrupted (requires occasional evening/weekend work)
- Work with various teams to identify roadblocks, resolve issues and ensure timely completion of each project
- Documenting project details within Salesforce & Jira by tracking issues, communicating project status and managing project risk
- Contribute to ongoing development and refinement of data migration tools and processes
What YOU Bring:
- Data transformation & mapping (ex. XML, XSL/XPath)
- Scripting (ex. Python) or development (ex. Java/C#)
- Familiarity with databases such as MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL, etc
- Agile & Project Management skills is an asset
- Awareness of data migration standards is an asset
- Linux & Groovy is an asset
- Medical experience or clinical workflow is an asset
- Avid problem solver
- Investigate technical issues and identify root cause
- Ability to perform data validation and user acceptance testing while managing client expectations
- Strong communication skills with the confidence to speak with team members and clients in a professional manner
- Highly motivated and self-sufficient with ability to work successfully under pressure and in a team setting
- Detail oriented with superior project management and time management skills
- Ability to speak and write in English & French is an asset
- Graduation from a post-secondary institution specializing in related technologies
- 4+ years of experience working on data transformation or development projects
- 5+ years of working with SQL/TSQL
- 3+ years of working with XML and related tools (XSL/XPath)
What YOU Get:
Great pay, profit sharing bonus, stock purchase plan, dedication to team engagement; career development and after-hour educational assistance, flexible benefit plan with many innovative options and programs, DC Pension, flexible work styles, and more!