Senior iOS Developer Full-time Job9 months ago - Software / QA / DBA - Vancouver - 192 views
We are a tight-knit and passionate iOS team of three developers and we are looking for a Senior iOS Developer. We develop native apps that are used by millions of users every day and our environment is highly collaborative. If you’re smart, love coffee (the iOS team goes for coffee every morning, but we can love a tea drinker too!) and have a can-do attitude, we want you!
What will you do?
- Work with a talented team of mobile developers to create apps that encourage social interactions and help form real relationships
- Maintain and develop new features for the POF Universal iOS app used by millions of users across the globe
- Ensure applications are maintained with optimal performance and stability
- Participate in solutions architecture and technical design for iOS team
- You will work within our small development team as part of the full product cycle, making decisions and building high quality software that changes the way millions of people use their mobile devices
- Participate in a highly collaborative environment and share your expertise to make the development process and product better
- Be a mentor to junior developers and facilitate continuous learning
- Proactively identify areas for improvement, diagnose issues and collaborate with other teams to resolve them
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- BS Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
- Good foundation in software design/architecture
- 3+ years experience of iOS app development using Objective C
- 5+ years of professional programming experience
- Experience in building and shipping complex applications to App Store (must have shipped or contributed to at least one app in the App Store or history of open source contributions and personal projects).
- In-depth knowledge of common iOS design patterns, memory management, UX, and best practices.
- Understanding and knowledge of Apple’s human interface guidelines
- Good knowledge of GCD, CoreData, UIKit, StoreKit etc.
- Experience of building apps consuming REST APIs
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- A portfolio of apps to show us!
Bonus points for:
- Exposure to Git and Atlassian tools e.g. Jira, Confluence, Stash
- Experience in the social networking, dating or other subscription-based business