Senior Network Administrator Full-time Job2 months ago - System / Network - Toronto - 122 views
Freedom Mobile is transforming the Canadian wireless industry by ushering in a new generation of mobile plans that are unmatched by any competitor. We are rapidly increasing our subscriber count and need talented professionals to help drive our vision at becoming the best in class mobile operator in the country! Be a part of something truly special and experience why Freedom Mobile is the fastest growing telecom company in Canada!
We believe an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and our different perspectives create better solutions. We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Senior Network Administrator
Are you passionate about corralling packets? The IT Network team located in Toronto is currently seeking a Senior Network Administrator to join their team.
We are looking for an individual who would be able to lead Wind IT network architecture initiatives along with a group of talented professionals. The successful candidate will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and will be able to clearly define and communicate strategies to project teams. In addition, the successful candidate will participate and drive design evaluations and facilitate recommendations to deliver reliable solutions. Applicant will be a team player and will operate well within small to medium team environments.
• 75% hands on operational work and 25% design, architecture and project work.
• Provide technical leadership to junior network administrators
• Design, document and implement network architecture (in a mainly Cisco shop) that reflects business requirements, service level availability, and other technology requirement.
• Develop design principles, models, plans, internal standards, and processes based on industry best practices
• Plan security systems by evaluating network and security technologies; developing requirements for local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), virtual private networks (VPNs), routers, firewalls, and related security and network devices; adhering to industry standards.
• Coordinate with other IT teams on project work and troubleshooting.
• Assist in maintaining the company’s PCI compliance and other regulatory requirements as needed.
• Monitoring and analyzing network performance across the organizations LANs, WANs and wireless deployments Maintain support agreements with vendors
• Participate in 24x7 production infrastructure support
Required Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
• Demonstrated operational expertise with:
o Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless controllers
o Palo Alto firewalls
o Networking protocols: HSRP, STP, BGP, OSPF, VRRP
o Router virtualization
o Firewall rules and NAT
o Cisco ISE
• Experience with creating, maintaining, and troubleshooting IPSec based VPN networks
• A minimum of 10 years experience with network administration
• At least 5 years experience configuring and troubleshooting F5 Load Balancers
• Strong understanding of Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
• Demonstrated proficiency in handling multiple responsibilities and tasks simultaneously
• Demonstrated skills working in a dynamic, fast paced and demanding environment
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• 7+ years of experience with designing infrastructure security systems
• 7+ years network design experience
CCIE in R&S preferred
We are building a team of talented people who want to connect to a career without limits and help change Canadian wireless. Join us! For more information on Freedom Mobile and to view our other opportunities, please visit www.freedommobile.ca/careers.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted. This position requires the successful completion of a criminal (*and credit*) background check.
Freedom Mobile is a subsidiary of Shaw Cablesystems Inc.