The Broadband Networks team is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic and driven individual with a proven track-record to join our multi-dwelling unit (MDU) & business team.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together
As a Senior Project Manager, you will play a key role planning, executing and delivering complex implementation projects. In this role, you will collaborate across business units, and with key stakeholders to execute on initiatives with high complexity and/or business impact. You expertise will help us drive innovation and continuous improvement in fibre delivery to our customers.
Reporting to the Manager - Technology Strategy, this position is accountable for end to end project delivery, within a highly collaborative and capable group of Broadband Network team members. In this role you will:
- Work in partnership with one of our team members to develop execution plans for fibre delivery projects
- Using you project management expertise, you will enable cross-functional teams to deliver on complex fibre enablement projects
- As a leader within the Project Management Office (PMO), you will bring thought leadership and best practices to the team to help us continually improve, helping us expand our knowledge in project management and innovative adult learning solutions
About Broadband Networks:
The Broadband Networks - Implementation TEAM is a highly successful community of leaders and subject matter experts who are rapidly growing the TELUS PureFibre footprint in British Columbia & Alberta.
This team blends their mastery of network implementation with a passion for ongoing success and a pioneering mindset around technical innovation.
We embrace an ambitious yet friendly and open-minded culture that has supported our evolution into one of the most engaged and operationally reliable teams in the TELUS PureFibre Community.
We are authentically passionate about the work we do, about collaborating with our diverse stakeholder community and about seeking innovative new ways of meeting our business goals.
We want to work with people who:
- Passion for fibre technology
- Thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Forward thinking and willing to try new ideas
- Clearly see things from the perspective of our customers
- Driven to learn new skills
What can YOU expect from US?
- Supportive and collaborative team-work based culture
- Passionate and focused environment open to new ideas and thoughts
You’re the missing piece of the puzzle
- Experience managing large scale projects with multiple stakeholder groups
- Experience dealing with ambiguous requirements and translating them into concrete project outcomes
- Experience with adult learning principles and techniques would be a distinct advantage
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, negotiation, communication and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills: Can translate complex technical topics into easily understood concepts for our stakeholders and team members
- Highly motivated, creative and self-sufficient with the ability to work successfully under pressure
- Bachelor degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent education and/or experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of work experience managing projects or leading cross functional teams
- Agile project management experience: Scrum/Kanban environments
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- Stakeholder management experience including senior executives