Software Developer II Full-time Job9 months ago - Software / QA / DBA - Calgary - 199 views
Every day, our passionate employees connect our customers to the world and everything in it – it’s why we exist at Shaw, and it’s why we strive to be the place where the best people choose to work. Our people reflect the richness of our communities, and our culture is inclusive of each individual’s diverse background and perspective, which makes us a stronger team.
At Shaw we believe an inclusive workforce fosters diversity of thought and perspective, and our different perspectives create better solutions We invite all qualified individuals to apply.
Career Opportunity: Software Developer II
We have an exciting opportunity for a Software Developer II, working out of our Calgary Hopewell location. This position will report to the Manager of Video Applications. The successful candidate will join the team responsible for the development, maintenance and operation of software infrastructure used for Video On Demand services.
• Develop UIs, APIs, DBs as necessary to support the ingest, management, distribution and playback of Video On Demand assets for BlueSky, FreeRange, Cable and Satellite clients
• Develop test infrastructure, development support mechanisms, automation to improve our development processes
• Responsible for developing, testing, operating and maintaining all Video software
• Build reports and provide data analysis of VOD asset and order data
• Use and maintain coding, testing and maintenance best practices
Required Skills and Qualifications:
• Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• Minimum of 2-3 years in a software development role
• Experience with software design, coding, testing, and maintenance.
• Experience building and maintaining relational (such as SQL Server) and non-relational DBs (such as Couchbase)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Team player with excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Highly motivated, energetic, reliable and goal oriented
If you want to be part of something bigger—part of a dynamic team of people who are aligned, focused, and passionate about working together to care for our customers, then we look forward to meeting you! Join us.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check.