Software Development Engineer Full-time Job11 months ago - Software / QA / DBA - Vancouver - 216 views
Seeking a new challenge in the new year? Always wanted to work abroad at global scale? At Amazon Web Services, we are currently working on some of the largest distributed systems in the world, and have endless challenges to solve related to user-experience, big data, machine learning, automation, and cutting edge technologies that might be of interest to you.
We have a very flat organizational structure and casual office vibe. We live and breathe our leadership principles. Our teams operate much like a start-up in that we try to keep them small, but leverage all the resources and stability of being the largest cloud provider. We often joke that service teams have to be “two pizza size”—if a group can’t be fed with two pizzas it’s too large and should be split up. This dynamic creates a fast-paced, intellectually stimulating environment with a lot of ownership, collaboration, and little red tape. You’ll rarely be the smartest person in the room working here— you’ll be surrounded by brilliant folks you can always learn something from.
Several of our AWS teams are seeking talented senior engineers to join our growing team in the following location:
· Vancouver, Canada
We offer our hires comprehensive family relocation packages, very competitive salaries and assistance with visa sponsorship.
Curious to learn more? Send your resume to [email protected] for consideration and more details.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS· BS in CS or related field
· 4+ years programming experience with Java, C, C++, or C# in a Linux and/or Windows environment
· Multi-threaded programming
· Strong CS fundamentals in data structures, algorithms, OO design and a solid understanding of distributed systems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS· MS in CS or related field
· Experience building highly scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
· Familiarity with AWS services like EC2, EBS, RDS, SWF, etc.
· Demonstrated leadership abilities to drive operational excellence and best practices
· Systems design expertise