Software Development Engineer Full-time Job10 months ago - Software / QA / DBA - San Francisco - 143 views
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members across a variety of job functions including software engineering/development, marketing, design, ops and more. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and seamless music experience. We want to help our customers discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale, spanning our music apps, web player, and voice-forward audio engagement on mobile and Amazon Echo devices, powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world, and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
You're an experienced backend software engineer looking for a career where you'll be able to have impact on millions of customers. You want to work on projects that require innovative and creative thinking, deep technical problem solving, and the opportunity to lead and mentor other engineers. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader – but you don't just know how to solve the problem – you prove it by building the solution. You have a high bar for coding excellence and a passion for design and architecture.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 1+ years experience in Software Development using Java
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and complexity analysis
• Experience releasing highly scalable enterprise products full lifecycle
• Experience with implementing algorithms to solve complex real world problems
• MS in Computer Science
• Experience mentoring and training others on complex technical issues
• Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, peer code reviews, and a preference for agile methods
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Experience with AWS technologies
• Passion for creating efficient, scalable, highly available backend services
• A love for music