Software Engineer 2 - Azure Full-time Job11 months ago - Software / QA / DBA - Vancouver - 233 views
Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft? Interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology and building the next billion dollar business? Then look no further than the Azure Team. We have developed the state-of-the-art operating system for Microsoft’s Cloud Datacenters. Azure provides developers with on-demand compute and storage to create, host, scale, and manage scalable web application on the Internet through Microsoft’s global data centers, and via on-premises “private cloud” deployments of the Azure Platform.
The Azure DNS team is looking for a Software Engineer to design and implement globally distributed scalable low latency super service that provides DNS and Traffic Management capabilities. The developer will work with a team of other software developers to design and implement various components that constitute this software based solution and ensure a timely execution of the components with high quality.
In this role you will be responsible for critical components of the Azure DNS stack. You will be responsible for ensuring a highly reliable and scalable DNS stack. This will include owning certain components from design, engaging with other teams to manage dependencies, implementation, to monitoring of the deployed service. This is a high visibility position in an area of large and expanding investment for Microsoft Azure and offers a terrific opportunity for technical and career growth.
We seek candidates with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
Windows internals (networking stack and other OS components); traffic and performance monitoring; reliable, high quality software development; software integration; switching and routing protocols; virtualization (hypervisors; virtual machine switching); NDIS; performance optimization; distributed systems; directories; distributed hash tables; network control planes; programmable networking; control plane, fault, and performance monitoring.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of experience in software development.
- Experience with distributed systems.
- Solid user mode Design and Dev skills.
- Systems programming experience, proven ability to solve hard problems (scale, perf, reliability).
- experience in designing and running fault tolerant infrastructure services that run running globally in a large scale.
- fluency in low level system programming/ Performance/ Multi-threading paradigms.
- Understanding TCP, Http, UDP, DNS, Data center networking is a plus.
- intense eagerness to learn, ready to dive deep into complex problems.
- Experience shipping products or services.
- Passion and drive for profound impact.
- Experience with Azure technologies is a plus.
- Experience in object oriented systems built on C++/.Net/Java runtimes.
- BS or MS or PhD degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experiences.