Software Engineer Full-time Job1 month ago - Software / QA / DBA - Toronto - 62 views
Working with us
Capital One is more than you think. We’re a data-driven tech company that just happens to do credit cards. We focus on customer-first solutions, and we’re united with this common goal. We have all the advantages of a startup, with the resources of a big company. Working here means you’re curious, innovative spirit will be encouraged as you push boundaries and try new things, while your career is nurtured and supported. Our environment is creative and filled with teams that are passionate about the dynamic work they’re doing. We’re ahead of other banks in tech and we want to keep it that way.
What’s it like to work in the Software Studio?
We love open-source and working with latest technologies. Whether you’re a big Apple fan or an Android lover, prefer no SQL databases over anything else or like to hack away in the good old Java, you’ll fit in our team as long as you’re passionate about technology.
Think it. Code it.
By that, we mean that you, as a member of one of our great Agile teams will be responsible for participating in the design, coding, testing and delivery of solutions that benefit our customers and Canadians in general.
To give you an idea of what you’ll be doing…here are a few examples:
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Collaborate with designers and analysts to implement enhancements or new applications
- Develop code to meet story acceptance criteria
- Conduct design and code review to ensure high-level quality
- Estimate level of effort to develop code that meets acceptance criteria
- Ensure adherence to continuous improvement practices as required to meet quality and time to market imperatives
- Maintain records to document program development and revisions
- Provide third-level support of software solution as needed
The Basics…What We Need from You!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative discipline
The Extras…What would be great for you to have:
- Experience in Java stack of technologies
- Experience in a Linux/Unix environment with Git or APIs
- Strong coding background
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.