SYSTEM MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN Full-time Job1 year ago - Technical Support - Burnaby - 198 views
BCAA is hiring for a regular full-time System Maintenance Technician who is responsible for planning, tracking, and performing maintenance and construction for all leased and owned properties as assigned inclusive of the safe, cost effective and efficient operation of the Fitness Center, Cafeteria , HVAC, electrical, and mechanical components.
Accountability may extend to coordination and planning for renovations and infrastructure upgrades consistent with the BC Building code. This role w ill perform duties in support of the Manager, Facilities for effective building operation which will require coverage 24 x 7 x 365 day coverage as assigned on a rotating basis.
Key Responsibilities Include
The System Maintenance Technician performs a wide variety of tasks - these will include:
- Maintain the Class A building marketability of the premises
- Prioritize and schedule all preventative facility maintenance as assigned inclusive of heat, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC), all electrical/plumbing systems, and all elevator systems
- Ensure all contracted janitorial services, window cleaning services, and landscaping service meet building standard
- Schedules, directs, monitors and maintains trades and vendors for essential central services such as security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling
- Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of parking facilities
- Receives, prioritizes, assigns or performs and ensures completion of all work requests
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of vendor contracts;
- Adheres to environmental regulations - specifically air emission, waste water, storm water, solid waste, (regulated, non-regulated & hazardous);
- Ensure assigned facility procurement activities remain within budget
- Responsible for cooling and maintenance of in-house data center;
- Oversee storage areas; furniture, building materials etc
- Maintain work related documentation accurately and in a timely manner.
- Assists with the co-ordination of external parties, including but not limited to design team, general contractor, sub-contractors, vendors and engineering teams during construction realignment activities
- Record and Document all required and completed maintenance
- Develop and Maintain a working knowledge of vendor contracts
- Ensure assigned facility preventative maintenance activities remain within budget
- All Maintenance is completed to Municipal, Worksafe BC, and Fire Safety codes.
Safety & Security
- Safe facilities operations relative to Building Code, Worksafe BC, and any municipal building or fire regulations
- Ensure proper operations and usage of all security systems including security camera operations and card access
- Provide recommendations for an effective safety and security program as part of the BCAA Business Continuity Plan as directed
- Ensure all furnishings and equipment meet health & safety, ergonomic and environment standards (CCOHS standards)
- Maintain working knowledge of safety practice associated with facilities and maintenance activities including "Lock Out", "Tag Out", "Confined Space", etc
- Ensure the efficient operation of all emergency/fire prevention systems and building security systems
- Respond to building security and safety issues
- Ensure timely snow removal
- Regularly attend monthly Health and Safety committee meetings as well as quarterly safety inspections as assigned
- High School Diploma (Grade 12)
- Boma-Systems Maintenance Technician (SMT/SMA) designation Or Facilities Maintenance/Operations Management Certificate (or working towards SMT/SMA in combination with work experience)
•2-3 years operational work experience directly related to Facilities sector in:
- Building Maintenance
- Project coordination
- Environmental Regulations
- Occupational Health and Safety/work safe
- Basic Knowledge of Plumbing, electrical, HVAC and mechanical systems
- Safety and Security program knowledge to tie in with BCAA's business continuity plan
- Knowledge of software applications - MS Office Suite
- Familiar with a PC environment specifically networking, phone connections, audio and visual equipment.
- Basic knowledge of BIX & CAT Cross-Connect & Patch Panel Systems
- Basic knowledge of CISCO IP Phone System
- AutoCAD o Protégé Alarm and Access Control System
- Automated Login Digital Direct Control AHU System
- Ability to read and understand architectural drawings and plans
Background Check Must successfully pass a background check, which may include a criminal, credit, and credential check.