Vice President - Business Development Full-time Job8 months ago - Accounting / Finance - Vancouver - 193 views
The Mid-Market M&A Group is a national group within RBC, focused on providing Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) services to Canadian companies in the $10 million and greater enterprise value range. The group is seeking a Vice President, Mid-Market M&A to join the existing team in Calgary or Vancouver. The Vice President will primarily be focused on opportunity origination. This will include working with internal partners to develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline, and to assist Directors in converting opportunities into engagements. The Vice President will also be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with external groups to increase the profile of the Mid-Market M&A team in the marketplace. The position is primarily a business development role however a strong understanding of the M&A and capital markets business is required.
The Mid-Market M&A team is a strategically important group that provides a value added services offering. This position is ideally suited for a candidate that is business development oriented and is seeking to broaden their investment banking experience. Mandates include the sale of privately owned businesses and non-core divisions, acquisitions, shareholder and management buyouts, and capital advisory services. The ideal candidate will have 4-6 years post undergraduate experience in a financial services firm, have very strong communication and presentation skills, knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and Access. Previous experience in an M&A or Corporate Finance capacity is highly desirable. The candidate should be energetic, organized, and a self-starter. Periodic travel throughout BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba on a regular basis is required.
What will you do?
- Part of a national Mid-Market M&A team, supporting Directors based in Calgary and Vancouver
- Maintain coverage of internal partners and strategic relationships
- Deliver presentations to internal and external groups
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of engagement opportunities
- Assist Directors in preparation of internal and external marketing materials
- Support Directors in the preparation and presentation of marketing pitches to existing and potential clients
What do you need to succeed?
- Undergraduate degree
- Relevant work experience in financial services – accounting, commercial banking, or investment banking
- Solid understanding of cash flow, financial modelling, and valuation
- Strong computer literacy with emphasis on PowerPoint presentations
- Prior experience in a Financial Services, Corporate Finance or M&A capacity
- Knowledge of and interest in financial markets
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks while meeting time sensitive deadlines
- Strong personal skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Strong understanding of M&A and Capital Markets
Nice to have:
- Ability to use research tools to extract relevant background material for business development and transaction support
- Self-starter able to operate with minimal supervision while keeping Directors apprised of progress
- Strong oral and written communication skills
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
City: Calgary/Vancouver or Edmonton
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Work Environment: Office
Employment Type: Permanent
Career Level: Experienced Hire/Professional
Pay Type: Salary + Variable Bonus
Position Level: PL07
Required Travel(%): 0-25
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 09/23/2018
Req ID: 172501